Getting paid for items you've sold
Getting paid for items sold on eBay is simple. Your buyers can choose from many payment methods, and you'll receive your payouts directly in your Payoneer account. You can track all of your payouts in the Payments tab in Seller Hub or the Payments section in My eBay.
The information on this page applies only to customers who live in Singapore, Malaysia, or the Philippines. Customers who live outside these locations should read our article on getting paid for items you've sold.
If you're new to selling on eBay, learn how to update your Payoneer account details.
How you get paid
As an eBay seller, you'll receive your payouts in your linked Payoneer account.
Once the buyer's order is confirmed, you can ship the item. The selling fees and other costs are automatically deducted, and your sales proceeds will show as Processing funds.
It typically takes 2 days from confirming the buyer’s payment for the sales proceeds to appear as Available for payout, unless the transaction was placed on hold, in which case it may take longer.
It typically takes 2 days from confirming the buyer’s payment to initiate your payout if your payouts are scheduled daily. If your payouts are scheduled weekly, we initiate payouts on Tuesday for the sales you've made from Monday to Sunday the previous week. If your payouts are scheduled biweekly, we'll initiate payouts every second Tuesday. If they're scheduled monthly, we’ll initiate them on the first Tuesday of every month. Your payouts will appear as Funds sent, and you can access your funds within minutes in your Payoneer account.
After the payout is initiated, the funds are no longer with eBay. eBay does not earn interest on any seller funds.
You can see the status of your funds in Seller Hub. For more information on transaction statuses, you can read our article on the Payments tab in Seller Hub.
How public holidays affect your payouts
Some public holidays may delay your payouts. If your payout is scheduled daily, a public holiday may delay your payout by up to 1 day. For example, if the buyer's order is confirmed on Sunday, and the holiday is on Monday, the payout will be initiated on Wednesday (3 days later).
If your payout is scheduled weekly, a public holiday may delay your payout by up to 8 days. If your payout is scheduled biweekly, a public holiday may delay payouts up to 10 days, or if scheduled monthly, your payouts may be delayed up to 20 days. For example, if the buyer's order is confirmed on Friday, and the holiday is on Monday, the payout will be initiated on the Tuesday of the following week (8 days later).
You must add a specified Payoneer account to receive your funds. You can't use a PayPal account as a payout method.
How to change your payout schedule
By default, payouts are initiated daily, but you can also change to weekly, biweekly, or monthly payouts.
- Daily payouts are initiated from Monday to Sunday and include any funds that have become Available for payout during the previous 24 hours
- Weekly payouts are initiated on Tuesdays and include any funds that have become Available for payout from Monday to Sunday of the previous week
- Biweekly payouts are initiated every second Tuesday and include any funds that have become available for payout on Monday from the last two weeks
- Monthly payouts are initiated the first Tuesday of every month, and include any funds that have become available for payout on Monday from the previous month
Here's how to change your payout schedule in Seller Hub:
- Go to the Payments tab in Seller Hub.
- Select Payout Settings.
- Change the frequency of your payouts from daily to weekly, biweekly, or monthly as needed.
You can also change your payout schedule in Payments in My eBay.
If the buyer pays in a currency that's different to your payout currency, the payment will be converted to your payout currency. The currency exchange rate will be captured at the time of sale and can be viewed in the order details. This exchange rate will apply in the event of a refund.
Tracking your payouts
Tracking your payouts is simple. We’ll send you an email to let you know that we’ve initiated a payout. Additionally, each payout has its own unique Payout ID, making it easy for you to keep track of your funds.
We also provide a Payoneer reference ID for each payout, so you can track your payouts with Payoneer if you need to. You can find your Payoneer reference ID in Payout details in Seller Hub.
Here's an explanation of each payout status:
- Created: A Payout ID has been created and the payout process has started
- In progress: The payout has been initiated by eBay and is in the process of being sent to your Payoneer account
- Funds sent: Your payout is successful. eBay has sent your payout, and you can access your funds within minutes in your Payoneer account
- Returned: The payout has been initiated by eBay, but an issue has occurred with your Payoneer account or eBay
- Blocked: Your payout method could be invalid, or may have been blocked by eBay
- Cancelled: Your payout was unsuccessful, and the balance has been added back to your Available funds
What to do if payouts fail
If your payouts are showing as Returned or Blocked, your Payoneer account information may be incorrect or you may need to verify additional information before we can initiate payouts to your account. Learn more in our article about registering as a seller.
How quickly you get paid after a sale depends on when the buyer's order is confirmed. Once the order is confirmed, you'll typically receive your funds in your Payoneer account within 2 business days.